First General Thread! Introduce yourself!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First General Thread! Introduce yourself!

Post  Riexy on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi there Wink! Nice to meet you!
I just wanted to create a thread here to kick off the existance of this site! Right now I'm quite lonely when I make this post (I'm currently the only registered one Sad), but I hope to see many BDO fans gather here Smile!

Some facts about me: I'm 18 years old, Living in Sweden (Half-Asian). I'm an anime fan and one of my most favourite animes is Summer Wars Smile. I found Black Deserts online via steparu.com and it didn't take me long before I found myself hooked up with the game. The visual effects and graphics all looks awesome, not to talk about the Battle System. At least some of the developers were developers of Continent of the Ninth, and I know it has a good combat system. But when I thought I knew everything, I heard about this Parkour system, Housing system, Hire-NPC-system and more.

So now I'm here, waiting for this game to get released Smile

How did you find about BDO? And what were your initial thoughts?

Last edited by Riexy on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Riexy
Admin

View user profile http://blackdesertspoint.8forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: First General Thread! Introduce yourself!

Post  mentlegenheaven on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Greetings,
i found Black Deserts on reddit.It looked promising and since it's been a long time since I've been part of a forum I decided to join.
About me: I'm a 20 years old German living in Germany, always looking for a new great game to play.

mentlegenheaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NikolasTz on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Hello!
I'm a 37 years old (yea 37! Twisted Evil ) and living in Greece.
And Happy new year!

NikolasTz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fawz on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi, I'm from Canada-Montreal and I'm 21.

First heard about the game by watching the video (linked on Massively) and I've been looking for more info about the game since.

Big time hardcore gamer and after dozens of MMORPGs I've almost given up on good quality MMOs that don't follow the traditional lame mechanics set by WoW. So I'm really excited about Black Desert since it looks to stray away from traditional mechanics.

Nice meeting everyone and I hope that the BDO community grows!

Fawz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SkittlesDX on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:40 am

Hey, I am from America and I am 15.

Please don't discriminate against me because of my age or my inexperience.

I am not a big PC gamer, because it is too expensive for my, but this game looks interesting.
I learned about this game on reddit, while browsing r/gaming. This is one of the first forum communities I have joined in a long time(The last one probably being the LEGO.com forums when I was nine).

SkittlesDX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ixenocider on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Hello everyone! I am from The United States of America, and I am 17.

I first heard about this game while browsing reddit on r/MMORPG. I have played many MMORPGs and have a good understanding of them. I also am planning to go to college for a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and Game Development. I really am looking forward to seeing what this game will turn up like and I really hope to see more of it.

ixenocider

View user profile http://cavastudios.wikidot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Riexy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Cool to see that we are from so many different parts Smile How cold is it where you are right now? Here it is like -2C or something ;P, Which is like 28F

Riexy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sixpid on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Hello everyone, I'm the most recent user Smile. I'm 21 years old (completing 22 in 2 days Very Happy), I've found out about BDO on YouTube. I've already gathered couple friends who will play with me when this awesome game comes out of Korea. Hope to see you all there. o/

Sixpid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korean on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 am

Hi
im sung.
im korean american living in ny.

saw this game in gstar and was fascinated by it
cant wait for it to come out Smile

Korean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SouleD on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 am

Hey, just found out about this website and I have been looking for somekind of fansite for a while now Wink.

I found out about BDO a little while ago and have been following it since then, I've been a very hardcore gamer in the past for many years until I ran out of games that picked my interest since, through out the years, what you look for changes. My last "lasting" mmo was TERA played it for couple months really changed the way I would enjoy MMOs in general.

A bit about myself, I'm now 18 Smile.. living in canada currently. I speak french as 1st language, I also speak english, obviously Razz. I joined this forum to get more involved with the english speaking community of BDO and I'm also like many of you probably looking forward to join the beta in July Razz.

What picked my interest in BDO are the numerous features and the fast paced combat system as well as these beautiful graphics we've been shown and the very influential fact that it's an open world MMO with a very vast world, which includes all of the before mentioned features.

What could make me loose interest entirely in this game though, would be it's business model Wink.

That's all for me, happy to be a part of this forum and contributing in not making you feel lonely in this vast world which is the internet, Riexy Wink

SouleD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riexy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Hehe, it has been quite lonely for the time between January and mid-february but that is to be expected^^
Game isn't out yet and.... yeah, that's basically the reason.... Just so you know, PearlAbyss is still negotiating with various western markets, if you know ANY good publisher, please contact them and make them interested in the game.... PearlAbyss say that they will follow their publisher's preferences when they launch a possible cash shop/similar.... Don't let this game being ruined by a pay2win model, so if you know any good company, contact them!

Last edited by Riexy on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Riexy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dojjin on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 am

Hey guys, I decided to make an account to show my support, I recently (actually just now) started to check it out. When I originally found out about BDO, it didn't call to me. However, I decided to take another glance and I'm glad I did, I'm hooked to say the least. I'm getting sick of all these Triple A MMOs and not truly innovating, so I decided to broaden my horizon and look at the more obscure MMO market, thus landing me here.

I read through the interview and now I'm here to chill out.

More about me, I'm 28 and live in America, I also love Anime and Manga my favorite series is D.Gray-Man. I got into MMOs through FFXI, then WoW (ugh) and of course a plethora of other MMOs. Now I'm stuck in the midst of finding the MMO that calls to me, I'm done with "Popular" and "Triple-A" I want something that has heart and soul poured into it and BDO seems to be just that.

I can't wait for the future of BDO and I will definitely keep a look out for BDO on a publisher in America. Trion seems promising, though they're currently working on ArcheAge. Another great company is EnMasse, using non-P2W models. Please stay away from PWO (Perfect World Entertainment) and Frogster Online, both have really bad business models.

Dojjin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korean on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:17 am

Riexy wrote:Hehe, it has been quite lonely for the time between January and mid-february but that is to be expected^^
Game isn't out yet and.... yeah, that's basically the reason.... Just so you know, PearlAbyss is still negotiating with various western markets, if you know ANY good publisher, please contact them and make them interested in the game.... PearlAbyss say that they will follow their publisher's preferences when they launch a possible cash shop/similar.... Don't let this game being ruined by a pay2win model, so if you know any good company, contact them!

call and tell them if they want their game to have a bad rep , AVOID PWE AND NEXON.
nexon screwed up vindictus quite bad and pwe screwed up tons of games .

anything else is pretty much fine.
i agree with enmasse being a good publisher for this.

Korean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Riexy on Fri May 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Hehe, for all of you (If any) who are still lurking around the forum, a personal guess is that En Masse could potentially be the western host. I do have a reason to think so, but I don't know if I should reveal this as it is still just my guess and I don't want people to take is as a fact.

Riexy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Korean on Sun May 19, 2013 4:48 am

Riexy wrote:Hehe, for all of you (If any) who are still lurking around the forum, a personal guess is that En Masse could potentially be the western host. I do have a reason to think so, but I don't know if I should reveal this as it is still just my guess and I don't want people to take is as a fact.

nah will most likely be webzen.

Korean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GregM on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:54 am

Hi all,

I'm Greg. 28 and live in England.

Found BDO through through random google searching for new MMO's to try out. Got linked here by another website but cant remember which one (the link took me to the interview in the News section Razz )

Been playing MMO's for a few years now. DDO, SWTOR, bit of WoW, GW2, NWO, and some others I can't think of off the top of my head. Never been much of an Anime / Manga fan so any references will go right over my bald head Razz

Will probably lurk these forums more than I post as usually I cant be bothered to post unless its something no one else has said or I have an incredibly stupid that likely has an obvious answer.

So far it seems BDO will have a few things which will make it stand out from the norm, which can only be a good thing as I'm currently spending more of my time looking for a new game to play than actually playing anything, just a shame its not out for a couple of years Smile

Looking forward to seeing updates and other peoples opinions here

-Greg

GregM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top